Song: Joe Gomez Pledge: Mike Magee
Prayer: Rev. Robinson
Guests: Jim Perkins introduced Alice, his wife and soon to be new member;
Announcements: Rick Jacobus read a Thank You letter from Scott Pfaltzgraft, the Eagle Scout that both the club and Foundation donated to.
Norm Schillo is doing great but still weak, needs to be on his oxygen and is getting great care.
Bob Buckland mentioned a fund raising event for spinal cord injuries this Friday. The Foundation bought a table for 10 for whoever is interested in attending, contact Bob.
Rick Jacobus gave an update on the past Dual Dist. Leadership Conference and Awards Luncheon. Gary then added some info about the conference in Colo. Springs coming up soon.
Rick went to the Rocky Mountain Deaf School to recruit them for Freedom Week.
Tim was not present but Gary mentioned that the Directory inserts are in and will be passed out as needed.
Don wasn’t here either because he was in Moab playing. He does have training wheels on the buggy so less chance of injury.
The Englewood Chamber lunch I believe is Oct 30…a Tuesday and we will have a lunch meeting that Thursday, Nov 1st because of a low sign-up for the Chamber event.
Last week’s winners of the Bronco’s pool were: Bezjak, Laudermilk, Jacobus, Athey
The Foundation still has a Cemetery plot & Burial Vault at Chapel Hill Cemetery in Centennial. Contact Carl or Tim if interested. When I get the link for Craig’s list I will send it out.
Put your thinking caps on and come up with ideas for programs. Our Directors are running out of ideas. Also, how about some club events?
Sertoman of the Day: n/a because of program. Someone be prepared next week if the program does not show up.
Program: Dave Miley introduced Kathleen Conti, Arapahoe Co., Commissioner.
- Kathleen Conti is serving her first term as Commissioner representing District 1, which includes the communities of Bow Mar, Cherry Hills Village, Columbine Valley, Englewood, Littleton, Sheridan, portions of Centennial and unincorporated north Arapahoe County. She was sworn into office Jan. 9, 2017 and her term of office runs through January 2021. She is serving as Chair Pro Tem in 2018.
As Commissioner, Kathleen oversees the Facilities and Fleet Management, Finance, and Strategy and Performance Departments. She serves on the County’s Audit Committee and on the South Metro Denver Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.
She represents Arapahoe County’s interests on a variety of boards and committees, including:
- AllHealth Network
- Arapahoe County Housing Authority
- Board of Social Services
- C-470 Corridor Coalition Policy Committee
- Centennial Airport/Community Noise Roundtable
- Colorado Counties Inc. Taxation and Finance, Tourism, Resorts and Economic Development and Public Lands Committees
- Forfeiture Board for the 18th Judicial District Attorney’s Office
- Metro Area County Commissioners
- National Association of Counties Energy, Environment and Land Use
- South Metro Denver Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and Economic Development Group
- South Platte Working Group
- Tri-County Health Department Commissioner Committee.
Previously, Kathleen served as State Representative for Colorado House District 38.
Listen to Kathleen Conti.mp3
Upcoming programs and events:
Sertoma Area Calendar
Sertoma Calendar–Updated July 30, 2018
Oct 25 – James Walters
Oct 30 Englewood Chamber Service Club Luncheon
Dec. 14th Christmas Party at Raccoon Creek Golf Course
Upcoming SOD list
Oct 11 – Bill Benton
Oct – 18 Gary Athey
**If you are not the next up, please be ready to take that spot if that person is not here.**
Click here for a printable version Printdoc_Oct 4_18
Flying Five: n/a
Pot of Gold: Jack Marshall
Hand Shake: n/a